The $500 AATSP-IA student scholarship to be awarded to a student who meets the following criteria:
- A senior in high school who has shown high achievement in their study of Spanish or Portuguese
- Studied Spanish or Portuguese for a minimum of two years in high school
- Is planning on continuing to study Spanish or Portuguese in college (must show proof of studies at college level)
- Demonstrated a consistent interest and commitment to improving language abilities
The selected student winner must use the scholarship beginning in the fall term following high school graduation.
The scholarship cannot be extended beyond one academic year.
If a student decides not to attend a college or university in the fall after graduation, the scholarship will be forfeited and another student will be selected to receive the scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from language teacher)
- 500 word student essay (in target language) on why they choose to study another language
- One minute video (in target language) introducing themselves
To submit your materials, please choose one of the following options: